NEW YORK CITY MUSEUM & GALLERY TOUR
TRIP DATES: MAY 6-7, 2016
Travel up to NYC for 2 days of museum & gallery touring with Glen Kessler. We will spend one day exploring museum(s) and the other day hitting the galleries. As galleries publish their list of exhibitions we will formalize our itinerary, but it will be sure to cover a range of high-technique, high-concept art at the heart of the New York scene.
One guaranteed highlight is Alyssa Monks' first solo exhibition at Forum Gallery (closing May 7). Alyssa is a friend of The Compass Atelier, having visited in September 2015 for an unforgettable Weekend Workshop. There may even be a chance for a personal tour from Alyssa herself.
Those interested in traveling together will be given our bus and hotel choices, though setting up reservations is the job of the individual participant. Cost above covers your tour and logistical assistance only.
- Vamoose Bus departing Bethesda ~8:10am Friday
- Arrive in NYC-Penn Station just after noon
- If weather is nice, go to uptown galleries (Forum, Marlborough) then Chelsea galleries
- If weather is not nice, go to a museum (The Met, MoMA)
- Stay overnight at midtown hotel (~$120/person, based on double occupancy)
- On Saturday, do whichever we didn't do on Friday (galleries or museums)
- Vamoose Bus departing NYC-Penn Station ~4:30pm Saturday
- Arrive in Bethesda around 8:30pm