INSTRUCTOR: GLEN KESSLER
This workshop is all about the materials and techniques we artists use.
- Learn how to prepare surfaces to work on or tailor your store-bought surfaces. We will stretch canvas and linen, gesso a panel, shellac paper, tone, sand, and much more.
- Learn how paint is made. Oil and egg tempera paint will be made fresh.
- Learn all about mediums. Oils, alkyds, solvents, varnishes will all be discussed and used.
- Learn how a brush is made and what attributes you're looking for.
- Learn about drawing materials. Vine charcoal, compressed charcoal, graphite, pastel, and many more will be discussed and used.